FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade SWG/JOD

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Trade SWG/JOD on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 8:54 am

swg

SWG gets
Russell Wilson
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
David Johnson
Davante Parker
JOD 2016 1st Round Pick

JOD gets
Robert Gronkowski
Jonathon Stewart
Isaiah Crowell
Brandon Lafell

2 Re: Trade SWG/JOD on Sun 25 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

Stat Ho

Admin
New Rule added today:

1. c. Players traded after any players have been played in an active lineup, all players involved in that trade cannot play for their new team until the following week.

i. EX. If you started a player in the Thursday night game, then traded that player on Friday for a player intended to be started on Sunday, then trade that player that was started Sunday for a player intended to start on Monday : would be the equivalent of starting a player 3 times in 1 weekly lineup.

So for both SWG's and JoD's week 7 lineup will be their original, before this trade, weekly lineup.

http://franchise10team.nicesubject.com

3 Re: Trade SWG/JOD on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 5:57 pm

swg

I know this was a contentious trade.  I am not bringing it up to bring back the problems.  I think it can be talked about without any tension since we have removed so many owners and we have a much more united league.  But I think it is worth mentioning.

Since the trade.

SWG gets
Russell Wilson - 26 TDs, 3 INT, 262 passing YPG, 26 Rushing YPG, 1 RTD
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - played final 5 games, 199 receiving yards and 2 TDs
David Johnson - took starting job in december, last 5 games, (442 rushing yards and 4 TDs, 216 receiving yards and 1 TD)
Davante Parker - last 6 games, 445 receiving yards, 20 YPC, 3 TD
JOD 2016 1st Round Pick

JOD gets
Robert Gronkowski - 643 yards, 5 TDs in 9 games
Jonathon Stewart - 566 yards and 4 TDs in 7 games
Isaiah Crowell - 425 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games
Brandon Lafell - 443 yards and 0 TDs in 0 games

Without considering the 1st round pick, the age, or the salary of the players involved, I clearly won this deal.  Wilson was the top fantasy QB for those 9 weeks.  

Then you consider the keeper side of things.  I got one of the best young backs and a WR who looks like a stud.  Both are coming off their rookie seasons as under a million keepers for me.  I clearly have the low salary players to afford Wilson at $5.75 million next year.  It was a great trade for me.  Probably my best move of the entire year.

Now why do I bring this up?  Because the beauty of our league is there are so many moving parts and considerations that everyone values people way different.  I was obviously valuing Wilson way higher than everyone else in October.  I was smart/lucky on that one.  Johnson and Parker were high reward lotto tickets I was lucky on again.  But even if I wasn't right, I still think we all value players so differently that knee jerk judgments of a deal are just not fair.  

And I'm not talking to Graham on this one.  Graham's main issue was with the way trades were happening (and not happening).  I'm talking more to all the guys who looked at the deal and decided it was so bad I must be cheating to help Ward and then called Graham to complain.  I think we all need to just trust each other and each other's motives, or there is no way the league works.  I have played with all of you long enough that I know you guys are honest.  Even when you guys make a deal I don't understand or agree with, I assume you have a plan for your team. If I can't get that same benefit of the doubt, then it's just not fun for me to play.  Especially when I'm pulling off a great deal to help my team in both the short and long term.  

So congrats again to Nolan, I'm happy to play with everyone that's still a part of things, and go Patriots (now that the Texans have been exposed as playoff frauds).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum