FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

kenny "the snake" stabler

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 kenny "the snake" stabler on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm

wherbert

Okay, I am 46 years old...and i am not sure hiw old the rest of you guys are...but I have a question / topic to discuss if you will.

Kenny Stabler is NOT in the Hall of Fame...what? Don't get me wrong, I grew up diliking the Raiders...they were Colt kryptonite in the 70s...they were a great team and he was a great Qb for a decade...an MVP, Super Bowl champ, incredibly clutch...and if the award for best WR is the Biletnikoff award...who do they think threw Fred all of those passes?

I am shocked that a dude like Stabler who put the fear in me as a fan...who was a winner is not in. Are there any guys you think should be in that are not? Make a case...we have 6 days til the free agent draft kicks off.

2 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:20 pm

Spence

nowhere near good enough.

3 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:44 am

wherbert

I know by our current metrics and Stat loving culture he does not look HOF worthy. But I am talking g about a dude that was feared fir close to a decade. Who lead his team to the pinacle, had MVP caliber talent, was a clutch, tough dude.

IMHO one of the too 5 qbs of the decade...that was dominated by defenses and running games. Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Bob Greise and Stabler...these were the studs. And all had great defenses and great run games...and I personally view Stabler like these other guys.

His TE and WR are in the hall...my perception of him is that he was one of the best of his decade. And in my mind, that is what a hall of fame is about.

4 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:10 am

wherbert

Jim Rome repping HARD for Stabler

5 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 2:19 pm

Spence

i have to very much disagree with you. this argument starts and ends with this stat. 194 TDs vs. 222 INTs. here is a link to his stats. extremely average. yes different era, but very very far away from a hall of fame career.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kenstabler/2526329/careerstats

6 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:34 pm

wherbert

173 tds...220 ints 50% completion
11 years with main team
1 super bowl win (17-28 206)
1 first team all pro,
5 pro bowls
0 mvp
62-63-4 record as starter

192 td. 172 int 56% completion
2 Super Bowl Wins (161 yards passing and 1 td in two wins combined)
8 time pro bowler
2 time 1st team
0 mvp
14 years 92-56-3 record as starter 62%

150 tds 143 ints 60% completion
1 MVP
1 super bowl win (12-19 180, 1 td)
1 all pro 1st team,
4 pro bowls
10 years 69-26-1 record as starter 73%

212 tds 210 Ints 52% completions
1 mvp
3 pro bowls
1 1st team all pro
4 Super bowl wins
14 year starter record 107-51 70%

208 tds 161 ints 57% completion
0 mvp
1 super bowl (142 yrds and 1td)
7 pro bowls
2 1st team all pro
13 year 82-53-8 record 60%

7 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm

wherbert

5 Qbs...4 are in the HOF

Stabler last 5 years were with the Saints and Oilers...both of whom were absolutely horrible. Looking at his time with the Raiders, vs Greise w Dolphins, Brabshaw w Steelers, Dawson w Chiefs, and Namath w Jets

Better winning %
Better completion %
Very comp td/int ratios
similar recognition by peers and media

And those 4 dudes are hAve gold jackets...do you still very much disagree?

The list above
Namath
Greise
Stabler
Bradshaw
Dawson

8 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:35 pm

Spence

yea he has no business in the hall. it is not the hall of the pretty good. i know the dude just died but if he wasnt good enough up til now, why now. he just wasnt good enough. pretty good player. retire his number with the raiders. but thats it. it ends there.

9 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:05 pm

wherbert

So, by that logic, should we remove the other guys who didn't win MVPs, had worse records, less yards, worse completion percentage? Only 2 guys in the 70s had better completion %, he had more passing yards than Griese and Namath (61 less than Bradshaw). Ring - check, MVP - check, stats - check, respect of peers - check
Either by numbers or accomplishments he stacks up with those other dudes...so I geuss they were just pretty good...again, I am not a fan, I just disagree with the fact that guys with worse #s and less hardware are in and he isn't.

10 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm

Spence

sorry bud. just disagree with you. your arguments are pretty weak.

11 Re: kenny "the snake" stabler on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:41 pm

wherbert

I gave you personal opinion based on games I watched, facts, stats, and showed he was equal or better than his contemporary rivals who are in the HOF...

Can you name another MVP / Super Bowl winner / QB of a franchise w 73% winning percentage for a decade who is not in the HOF?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum