FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cuts and claims....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cuts and claims.... on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:21 pm

Spence

cut mychal rivera

2 Re: Cuts and claims.... on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:37 pm

swg

Isn't there a rule about claiming guys, that you have to keep them for at least a week? Otherwise the bottom of the waiver wire guys can just hold the league hostage by claiming and cutting any decent pickup.

Rivera was claimed on Tuesday by Spence and then cut today. He can't be reclaimed until next week. That means he was just eliminated from the league for a week for no purpose. I don't need a TE to start this week, but if I did it would bother me. Same thing is true for Weeden. Added today and then cut a few hours later and now he is ineligible until next week.

And this isn't about me wanting players. I am still behind all 8 other owners. I just think the way we have players ineligible until the following week's waver period allows for the system to be gamed by anyone on the bottom (not that Spence necessarily did that here, I just think it should be addressed).

3 Re: Cuts and claims.... on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:40 pm

swg

Ok, so I just saw the trade you guys made and I see Spence needed roster space and that's why the guys were cut. Makes perfect sense.

But either way, we need to address the ability to bury guys by signing and cutting them.

4 Re: Cuts and claims.... on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm

wherbert

Not to pile on Spence, but based on what Barrett said, Spence would have to rethink his trade..or cut other guys...or those picked up and cut this week would be automatically eligible in this type of scenario

5 Re: Cuts and claims.... on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:56 pm

swg

I don't want to affect the trade at all.  We just need a rule that allows guys cut after Tuesday to go through some kind of secondary waiver process.  Graham and I have talked about it before but I think it's time to figure out how to make it work.

This time guys got iced on accident, but if I had $250K in cap space and 1 roster spot, I could add and cut every available player in the league today leaving nobody for guys on a bye or who hear about late injuries.  There has to be a way to prevent that.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum